Discover Herbal Remedies, Herbal Teas and Essential Oils To Improve Your Health!
Fenugreek for Weight Loss [Actionable Tips]
Today you will discover how Fenugreek can help with your Weight Loss journey. I have written about The herb Fenugreek before but this article will look more at the weight loss benefits of this herb.
Fenugreek seeds have tremendous health benefits including weight loss. Many people have benefited from Fenugreek for Weight Loss.
It’s an amazing herb and has proven to be effective for those who want to achieve weight loss. In this article, we will discuss health benefits of Fenugreek seeds and effectiveness in weight loss program.
Fenugreek Seeds and Weight Loss
Table of Contents
- 1 Fenugreek Seeds and Weight Loss
- 1.1 Nutritional Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds
- 1.2 Weight Loss Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds
- 1.3 How to Use these Seeds for Weight Loss
- 1.4 Preparing Fenugreek Tea for Weight Loss
- 1.5 Alternative Method
- 1.6 Fenugreek Capsules
- 1.7 Fenugreek Side Effects
- 1.8 Conclusion
These seeds have been used for many years as medicine and spice. They are also known as Methi. They come from pea family and have been widely used for medication purposes. The leaves and seeds of this plant are the most used.
According to the latest medical research, these seeds have proven to be highly effective in weight loss. Most people have weight loss problems; these seeds are highly effective not only in weight loss but also in the health of your entire body. Below we will discuss how to use Fenugreek seeds for weight loss.
Nutritional Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds contain proteins, carbohydrates, calories, fiber, fat, iron, vitamin B6, COPPER, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese and much more.
These seeds contain low percentages of carbohydrate. This makes them ideal for weight loss. These seeds do not contain unhealthy carbohydrates. This helps in preventing unnecessary weight gains.
These seeds are highly rich in fiber. This makes them beneficial for constipation. Medical research shows that high fiber content raises metabolic rate thus triggering fat burning. Those who want to lose belly fat can tremendously benefit from these seeds.
Weight Loss Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds have more than 75 percent of soluble fibers(1). These seeds give your stomach a feeling of fullness. This helps lowering your appetite. You will be able to curb your high appetite and achieve weight loss. Doctors and health nutritionists recommend taking these seeds in the morning when your stomach is empty.
This will help you eat less and lose more weight and also control unnecessary weight gain.
These herb seeds are very rich in healthy polysaccrides(2) that are known as galactomannan. This compound is a natural soluble fiber that is very effective in slowing down absorption of sugar into the blood stream. This polysaccride is effective and commonly used in many weight loss supplements.
Latest research shows that Fenugreek boosts exercise performance that helps lose weight. You’re be able to increase your workouts and boost performance. If you have a weight loss program, incorporate a diet containing these seeds and you’re see a tremendous improvement.
How to Use these Seeds for Weight Loss
There are several ways you can use these seeds to achieve weight loss. In this section, we will discuss ways by which you can use Fenugreek seeds for weight loss. Most people eat these seeds which is okay but we will discuss the best ways to use the seeds.
Soak Fenugreek seeds
- Soak a cup of Fenugreek seeds in water for 12 hours
- In the morning you should strain or sieve out Fenugreek seeds
- Don’t take any breakfast. Chew these seeds when your stomach is empty
Preparing Fenugreek Tea for Sugar Control and Digestion
As we have seen, Fenugreek seeds have several health benefits apart from weight loss. The health of the entire body is very important. It has been proven that Fenugreek seeds help in sugar control and digestion(3). Below is the procedure:
- Grind the seeds and add some water to make a paste
- Boil some water using pot
- Add some paste into the boiling water lemon, cinnamon or ginger for a taste
- Cover your pot and allow the tea to simmer for 10 minutes
Consume the tea every morning on an empty stomach. This will not only help in weight loss but also control sugar and promote effective digestion.
Preparing Fenugreek Tea for Weight Loss
Fenugreek seeds are also used to prepare Fenugreek tea which offers several health benefits. This is because the tea contains chemical properties that help in chemical balancing for the blood.
The quick video below shows you how easy it is to make this weight loss Fenugreek tea:
This is actually the reason why this tea is used in weight loss and high blood sugar management. Below is another recipe on how you should brew Fenugreek tea:
- You will need a pestle and a mortar to crush these seeds
- Then boil some water and pour into a pot
- Add the crushed seeds or Fenugreek powder
- Cover the pot containing the mixture and allow it to steep for about 5 minutes
- Use a tea strainer to sieve
- Add some honey or sugar or even stevia
Drink the tea every morning when your stomach is empty. You will be able to see results within one month.
Alternatively, you can add one tablespoonful of fenugreek in a cup of boiling water, let the mixture steep for about 30 minutes, strain and then add some honey and drink. Do this every morning for couple of weeks.
There are people who’d prefer taking Fenugreek in the form of capsules. You can buy these capsules from a licensed online pharmacy or reputable seller of these capsules. What is the fenugreek weight loss dosage?
You will be required to take about 3 capsules in a day. Each capsule contains 580-610mg.
Fenugreek Side Effects
- Some people may experience some side effects related to these seeds. Although rarely, there are some minor side effects associated with fenugreek seeds. These are some people who are allergic to these seeds. This means that these seeds will increase sensitivity in people who suffer from asthma.
- Those suffering from diabetes may have undesirable drop in sugar levels
- These are some people who may experience upset stomach.
- Excessive use of these seeds can thin your blood and cause excessive bleeding in people with blood disorders. These seeds should not be taken by people with underlying bleeding tendencies or blood related complications.
- It may cause premature labor to pregnant women.
As far as weight loss is concerned, many people have benefited from these seeds. Pregnant women should take extra care while taking these seeds as they can cause premature labor. Those with blood disorders or related complications should also avoid these seeds. Many obese people have been able to lose weight using these seeds. There are many positive reviews from people. If your interested in weight loss also see Cinnamon for weight loss.
Comments are closed.