Discover Herbal Remedies, Herbal Teas and Essential Oils To Improve Your Health!
KRATOM THE COMPLETE GUIDE
In this guide you will learn about the most effective herbal analgesic, pain reliever available. It can help you manage many painful conditions. Read on to discover the full benefits.
Kratom is probably among the most controversial herbal remedies in the alternative medicine field.
This is mainly due to the constant inaccurate information. Perpetrated by the general media as well as the one being circulated on the internet.
Such lies have led to the legality of the natural herb being questioned very often with most herbal users choosing to ignore the natural herb in totality. However, this complete guide is going to educate you on the natural herb as well as help dispel some of the existing common lies and misconceptions.
What is Kratom?
Table of Contents
Kratom which goes by the botanical name “Mitragyna speciosa” is a type of herbal tree that is native to Southeast Asia. The tree which grows in various countries, including Malaysia, Thailand, Borneo and Indonesia is a member of the “Rubiaceae” plant family.
The herb is basically divided into three main types namely “Red Vein Kratom, Green Vein Kratom and White Vein Kratom.” It is important to note that there are various strains originating from different geographical locations and each location produces a special type of Kratom with its own unique health benefits.
There are various names used to refer to the natural herb depending on its country of origin. Some of the common names include Bali, Ria, Sumatra, and Borneo. Mitragynine and 7-hydroximitragynine are the main active alkaloids found in Kratom.
These alkaloids not only give Kratom its bitter taste but are also the ones responsible for the natural herb’s euphoric, sedative, pain relieving and stimulating abilities. Although previously misunderstood, Kratom is slowly gaining popularity in the recent times, thanks to its extensive health benefits to the human body.
Health Benefits of Kratom
There are various health benefits that have been attributed to consuming the natural herbal remedy and they include:
- Relieving pain. Kratom can be used to alleviate body aches and pains including painful conditions like fibromyalgia and arthritis. It’s a very effective pain medication.
- Boosting the immune system. The combined effects of the alkaloids found in Kratom leaves can aid in strengthening and reinforcing the immune system.
- Curing common addictions.
- Managing diabetes.
- Alleviating anxiety and mood swings.
- Treating diarrhea.
- Acts as a sexual stimulant.
- Increasing body energy.
How To Use Kratom
How is it Taken?. The leaves of the natural herb are the most popular if not the only part of the tree that is used for its health benefits. There are various ways that the herb can be used to fully obtain its beneficial health benefits.
Below are the common ways that the homeopathic remedy can be taken.
- Chewing the leaves. This technique is attributed to the native Southeast Asian people who chew the tree’s fresh leaves after removing the stringy like central vein. Dried Kratom leaves can also be chewed, although a majority of people prefer crushing them up due to their tough nature.
- Powdered Kratom leaves can be swallowed directly or mixed with water for drinking which is an easier method. The crushed powder can also be easily mixed with other popular liquids like milk or juice. Chocolate milk can also be used to mask the herbal remedy’s bitter taste.
- Taking Kratom capsules. One can either decide to put the crushed leaves into a capsule or purchase already manufactured Kratom capsules from recommended health stores.
- Drinking Kratom herbal tea. You can brew your own strained tea and then drink it. You can also easily mix the herbal tea with either other herbal teas or ordinary black tea to make it more palatable before consumption. Adding honey or sugar can also help in sweetening the Kratom herbal tea.
- Smoking the leaves. It is also possible to smoke Kratom leaves. However, this consumption technique is not highly recommended as the total leaves that constitute a single dosage are way too many to be smoked at a go.
- Drinking Kratom extracts. One can prepare a resin like herbal extract through evaporating the filtered liquid obtained from the tea and storing the extract for future use. The extracts are considered to be the most potent form of the natural remedy as they contain much greater levels of the alkaloid constituents.
The herb is unique in its own way such that it produces different effects when taken in low to moderate doses and even varying effects when consumed in larger doses. This is mainly because the active alkaloid components found in the natural herb contain sedative and stimulant effects
Hence consuming large doses results in sedative effects while taking lower doses results in more stimulating effects. Most Kratom herb users have reported that the homeopathic remedy’s effects resemble those of opiate drugs. This is usually because the Kratom alkaloids present in the herb act as opiate receptor characters.
However, the herb is not as addictive as the drug, although it contains similar mechanisms of action as opiate drugs, making it ideal for curing drug addiction specifically opiate addiction. The level or intensity of the natural herb’s effects is highly dependent on various factors.
Including tolerance levels, physiological make-up, and body weight and so on. When used in low doses Kratom makes the user experience a strong analgesic effect accompanied by euphoria, increased libido, physical energy, sociability, alertness, and improved mood or demeanor.
However, when used in higher doses the user experiences sedative effects accompanied by a lower sensitivity to emotional and physical pain, relaxation, euphoria, anxiety and anti-depression. Users should exercise caution when using the herbal remedy in higher doses as it may end up causing prolonged sleep.
What s Duration of kratoms Effects?
The normal duration of Kratom effects is usually between 5-6 hours but when consumed on an empty stomach its onset effects can be felt 30-40 mins after ingestion. The onset effects of consuming Kratom capsules are often delayed due to the time required for the capsules to dissolve in the stomach.
Kratom Side Effects
Safety and Precaution. Kratom is considered to be a safe, natural herb as there are very few cases that have been documented regarding its negative effects up to date. It is important to note that most of the reported cases came about after the victims decided to combine with other illegal substances.
This means that there is no conclusive evidence revealing that consuming Kratom may result in any serious negative effects. Despite this, there are various mild side effects that have been reported. One such side effect is the drug’s ability to induce sleep which can be quite dangerous when engaging in hazardous activities or when driving.
Pregnant women are also advised to refrain from using the herbal remedy unless under the supervision of a qualified medical professional. This is because there have been no medical studies carried out and its effects on pregnancy. Most of the regular users in Thailand have also developed weight loss, among other physical withdrawal symptoms, including muscle jerking, irritability, muscle aches, and crying.
It is advisable not to abuse the herbal remedy by deciding to consume more than the required dosage. Always strive to exercise moderation and remember that individual reactions may vary between various types of people.
Try to make it a habit to always consult a qualified medical practitioner or expert herbalist before deciding to consume any homeopathic remedy for your own sake.